Thursday, January 28, 2016

January Mantel - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!


 Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!  I can't believe we are already getting towards the end of January!  Soon I will be decorating my mantel for Valentine's Day, which probably won't be too much different than I did last year.

 
It seems in January I always use silver, crystal and white to decorate and that's what I did again this year...with lots of candles!


I'm loving this time of year now that I have a fireplace! It doesn't get that cold in California so I have been pretty much using the fireplace for heat in the evening. I think I've only turned my heater on a couple times.  


It's so cozy to sit here with the fire and the candles and a glass of wine...except I decided to do a dry January this year so no wine for me... no alcohol at all this month.  I haven't been perfect though...I had some wine a couple times but since I was drinking wine almost every evening it's a huge improvement. I've decided I'm going to continue it like this from now on...even past January! I find I get more done when I don't pour myself a glass of wine when I get home from work! I've replaced the wine with sparkling flavored water in a wine glass!
 
***********

Thanks to all of you that join in on Show and Tell Friday every week and thanks to all of you who leave such nice comments!  

 If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden. If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog.


[signature.gif]

18 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the party - hope you have a wonderful weekend !

Unknown said...

so many candles! Love it :) Thanks for hosting us!

Joy Junktion said...

Silver, crystal and candles are such a pretty combination for a winter mantle. Very nice! Blessings, Cindy

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Cindy,
Your mantel looks so relaxing and romantic with the soft flow from all of those candles.
Thanks so much for hosting!
Gina

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Cindy for Show and Tell Friday. Loved seeing your mantle, the candle flames really made things come alive.
Jpu

Mimi said...

Thankyou for your beautiful linkup Cindy. Your candlelit mantel is a thing of beauty! Love, Mimi xxx

Sarah said...

Not very cold here in TX either, but we use our fireplace. It offers a wonderful ambiance and just the right warmth.
Thanks for hosting.

Sunny said...

Super awsum romantic candle pictures... Well done!
Home

Unknown said...

I love your blog. It's right up my alley. I love. In SE texas close to the gulf so usually. We hardly ever for a fire place. So when it does get cold enough we take advantage of it. I don't get out much due to a spinal issue, I look forward to your post. Thank you!!!

Calypso In The Country said...

Your mantel is beautiful! You won't need to change anything for Valentine's Day. Thanks for hosting and enjoy your weekend!
Shelley

joannabri said...

Beautiful mantel, it's one thing I wished our house had. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

The mantel looks so lovely and romantic even. Perfect for Valentine's now.
Thank you for the party.
Have a great weekend.
FABBY

Anonymous said...

Kudos for giving up the alcohol. It's a healthier choice. Your mantal is perfection

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello Gorgeous! Thank you for hosting such an amazing party. I would love it if you would stop by our party that goes until Friday @ 7 pm. We pin and tweet everything! Have an fabulous day! Lou Lou Girls

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Cindy, I'm so sorry for your loss, I didn't comment when your Joe passed away, but I was thinking about you...wanted to check in, hope all is well in your world, and things are getting a bit easier for you and your daughter.

XOXO,
Donna

Mary in Va said...

So sorry for your family's loss. Miss your posts, hope you are ok.

Josephine said...

Hello Cindy. I hope you and your family are well. Miss seeing your post.Sending prayers your way.Josephine